Extravision is strongly committed to ensuring data privacy and security. Our registered office is at Tomorrow, MediaCity Uk, Salford M50 2AB . This policy describes the information we collect, how it is used and shared, and your choices.
Last modified: 8th May 2018
What personal information we collect
Personal information is data that can be used to identify or contact a single person. We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information:
- Subscriber Information – If you subscribe to our newsletter or sign up for our services we may collect Name, Company, Job Title, Email Address and Telephone Number.
- Platform Information – We collect personal information from your use of the Extravision platform. When you upload data in the Extravision platform, we may have access to the data and content of your messages. We receive information about how you use the Extravision platform and store it in log files or other types of files associated to your account and link it to other information we hold about you. This information might include the date and date of any activity, your browser and IP address as well as actions you have taken within the Extravision platform. This information helps us to improve the Extravision platform for you for all users of the platform.
How is this personal information used?
We may use and disclose personal information to:
- Confirm your identity when using the Extravision platform
- Supply, improve and support the services we provide (this includes using the data you provide to use the Extravision platform to contact end-users, aggregating information from your use of the platform or our website and sharing this with third parties to improve the services that we provide)
- Administer the website
- Improve your browsing experience by personalising the website
- Send statements and invoices to you, and collect payments from you
- Send you general (non-marketing) commercial communications
- Send you email notifications which you have specifically requested
- Send to you our newsletter and other marketing communications relating to our business or the businesses of carefully-selected third parties which we think may be of interest to you by post or, where you have specifically agreed to this, by email or similar technology (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications)
- Provide third parties with statistical information about our users – but this information will not be used to identify any individual user
- Deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website.
When using the Extravision platform, you may import personal information you have collected into our system. We have no direct relationship with your end-users or any person other than you, and for that reason, you are responsible for making sure you have the appropriate permission to collect and process information about those individuals.
Legal basis for collecting and using your personal information
If you are a client of Extravision, the lawful basis for which we rely on to collect and process your data is typically performance of our contractual obligations.
If you are not a client of Extravision but represent a business, we rely on legitimate interest as the lawful basis on which we collect and use your personal data in relation to contacting you further in certain situations. Our legitimate interests are usually to provide you with details of our products or services through B2B direct marketing .
If you are an individual and not a client of Extravision, the basis on which we collect and use your personal data to contact you is often consent.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added, and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
We gather some information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, browser type and language, Internet service provider (ISP), referring and exit websites and applications, operating system and date/time stamp. We use this information to understand and analyze trends and administer and improve the site.
Disclosure to Third Parties
At times it may be necessary to use third party suppliers to help us process your data but only for the purposes identified in this policy.
Protection of Personal Information
We take the security of your personal information very seriously. We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure (password protected and firewall protected) servers. This website and the Extravision platform protect your personal information during transit using encryption such as Transport Layer Security (TLS). We take appropriate organisational and technical security measures to protect your data against unauthorised disclosure or processing. Some of the safeguards we use are firewalls and data encryption and physical access controls to our data centres.
Retention of Personal Information
We remove most information provided to us by clients within 90 days of the service being ceased. If an account becomes inactive then the information may be deleted after 90 days.
We want to ensure you remain in control of your personal data. Under the General Data Protection Regulation, you have a number of legal rights which are as follows:
• the right to confirmation as to whether or not we have your personal data and, if we do, to obtain a copy of it (this is known as a subject access request);
• the right to have inaccurate data rectified; and
• the right to object to your data being used for marketing or profiling.
If you would like further information on your rights or wish to exercise them, please write to: The Data Protection Officer, Extravision Ltd, Tomorrow, MediaCity UK, Manchester M50 2AB.
If you have any requests or questions regarding your personal information please contact us:
The Data Protection Officer
Tel + 44 (0) 161 8172929 or
Fax + 44 (0) 161 8172928
Email [email protected]
The information controller responsible for our website is Extravision Ltd. Our information protection registration number is Z8572423.